Yorkshire’s Historic Landscapes and Buildings at Risk
Author: George Sheeran and Veronica Wallace
Price: £4.50 incl. P&P
- ISBN: 978-1-906604-38-7
- Published: 2011
The nine papers presented in this booklet, delivered at a conference in York, cover a wide range of sites considered to be at risk, from archaeological studies and managed landscapes to individual buildings. The roles of aerial survey and environmental stewardship are also discussed.
- Dave MacLeod: Aerial Survey and Heritage at Risk
- Tom Lord: Victoria Cave, Settle: a Neglected Monument of Victorian Science
- Margaret Nieke: How Environmental Stewardship can help Heritage at Risk: Castle Howard and Beyond
- Brian Walker: Heritage on the Public Forest Estate – a Risky Business?
- Christopher J. Dunn and Anthony M. Berry: Preservation through Survey and Record: the Archaeology of the Yorkshire River Foss Navigation
- Phil Abramson: Stewardship of WWII Heritage Assets on the MOD Estate in Yorkshire
- Michael Thomson: Gayle Mill – Restoration of an Industrial-Heritage Gem in Wensleydale
- George Sheeran: St Ives, Harden: the Erosion of a Nineteenth-Century Landscape
- Janet Douglas: York Road Library, Leeds