The Future of the Uplands: Prospects for Northern England
Author: Margaret Atherden and Veronica Wallace
Price: £7.50 incl. P&P
- ISBN: 978-1-906604-53-0
- Published: 2014
- Publisher: PLACE
Uplands form some of the most valued and iconic landscapes in Yorkshire. This set of scholarly papers, delivered at a conference held in York, discusses the current challenges and future management of some of these landscapes.
- Rob Stoneman: Catastrophic Climate Change: Peatlands to the Rescue
- Vince Carter: Slowing the Flow: the Role of Woodland in the Water Agenda
- Lois Mansfield: Rural Development: Supporting the ‘Third Leg’ for Sustainable Upland Farming
- John O’Reilly: What are Upland Hay Meadows and how do we conserve them?
- Blaise Vyner, Richard Fraser and Damien Ronan: Managing the Historic Environment of the Yorkshire Uplands
- Roger Martlew: Upland Quarries as Past and Future Landscapes