Sustaining Historic Urban Environments
Author: Carl Heron, George Sheeran and Jane Wheeler
Price: £1.00 incl. P&P
- ISBN: 0-9540664-7-2
- Published: 2006
- Type: PDF
This booklet, produced by PLACE and the University of Bradford and based on a conference held in Bradford, focuses on research into the historic urban environment and its preservation and regeneration. The papers explore strategies to protect and enhance the urban environment, especially urban regeneration schemes in West and South Yorkshire.
- George Sheeran: Whose city? Whose heritage?
- Harmesh Jassal: Notes on the Bradford City Centre Masterplan: The use of public funds in improving historic areas
- James Symonds: Celebrating Steel City: Archaeology from the brown earth
- David Fraser: Changing Cities: The evolution of old places into the future
- Caroline Wilkinson: Saltaire World Heritage Site: A future for the past
- Alison Drake: Community Involvement in Uncovering and Owning our Historic Urban Environment
- Sue Hayton: Heritage for All: Turning Theory into Practice