Prehistory in the Yorkshire Dales: recent research and future prospects
Author: R.D. Martlew
Price: £13.00 incl. P&P
- ISBN: 978-81-906604-35-6
- Published: 2011
- Publisher: PLACE
This set of scholarly papers, produced by PLACE and the Yorkshire Dales Landscape Research Trust and supported by high quality archaeological maps and photographs, summarises recent research in the Yorkshire Dales and examines future prospects.
- Terry O’Connor: The changing environment of the Yorkshire Dales during the Late and Post-Glacial Periods
- Roger Jacobi and Tom Lord: The Earliest Humans in the Yorkshire Dales National Park
- Tim Taylor: Caves in Context: Research Agendas for the Underground Environment
- Tom Lord: The Early Neolithic skeletons from Elbolton Cave, Wharfedale: Europe’s oldest mummies?
- Alan King: A Review of the Land Use and Settlement of the Ingleborough Massif throughout the Prehistoric and Romano-British Periods
- T. C. Laurie et al: Co-axial field systems in Swaledale: a reassessment following recent fieldwork
- Roger Martlew: Late Prehistory and the Roman Iron Age in Upper Wharfedale: problems, potential and progress